F355F1 Gear Indicator Repair Service
So you hate looking at that half burnt out display that show partial gear numbers in your F355? A new F1 display is $800+, however Ricambi America is proud to offer repair services for a fraction of the price. Our repair service is performed by a professionally trained electrical engineer with years of experience in IC design and microelectronics. As a Ferrari owner himself, he is detail oriented and has received references and accolades from some of the finest Ferrari mechanics in the United States. Ship it to us, we'll repair it within 72 hours, and then ship it back to you in perfect working order. Our repair service uses an improved chip design and will likely remain bright and trouble free for the life of the car.
Upon checkout, we will contact you with mailing instructions and an estimated return date for your gear display.
So now the question is how do I get it out?
(1) First you need to turn off the battery power to the car, and that is done by consulting your owners manual, but most cars will do this by turning the power off knob that is located under the right front wheel well..near the CD changer if equipped. This is accessed by opening the front bonnet, and then removing the two "Ferrari" crested black thumb screws.
(2) Now its time for the fun stuff. Drop the tilt steering all the way down so you have good access to the instrument pod. Now it is time to remove the two screws that hold the instrument pod in place. They are located in the lower corners of the pod near where it meets the rest of the dash.
(3) Once the screws are out, (there are only 2 holding it in), you can lift up on the front of the pod and it will unhook from the back of the dash. there are now 8 or so Molex type connectors. Unhook each one till the pod is free. Don't worry about labeling them or remembering where they came from as each is unique and can ONLY be plugged back in the same spot it came out of.
(4) Now the pod is free from the car. It's the perfect time to repair the leather on the dash or pod is need be. Place the pod face down and remove the four screws holding the center gauge cluster in place. You may have to loosen the screws holding the Speedometer and Tachometer down at the edges as well to give it some "wiggle room". Now that those four screws are out the pop will come right out.
(5) Put it in a box and ship it to us.... and you will have a freshly repaired F1 Display on your door step before you know it. Please contact us if you have any questions about this service. If you prefer, you may remove the entire F1 display board and simply send that item to us (as shown in the picture below)
(This service is for Ferrari item 174892 only)